A Specialist Course on Lighting the Homes of Older Visually Impaired People
Designed to promote health and well being in older people. Prevention of Falls and Accidents. The course is related to sight loss through ageing and covers best practice in Lighting Design.
Designed primarily for Rehabilitation Officers and Occupational Therapists this practical one-day programme. This will enable participants to undertake a full lighting audit and make recommendations to changes in domestic lighting in the homes of older people with a visual impairment.
The Lighting Journey is now RCOT Accredited and has been commissioned and designed by specialist practitioners in visual impairment and the lighting industry.
The course covers:
- Common Sight issues in older people
- Assessment of Functional Vision
- Lighting Theory
- Lighting design
- Lighting specification
- Evaluation and further support
Participants will work through real life case studies for the lighting journey. Using individual workbooks that will take you through each stage of the process. Using videos and group work and with an introduction to the assessment tools required, You will be assisted to design and make your own lighting specification and assessment tools.
We will train up to 20 people in a venue of your choosing and will assist you with marketing if you have available spaces on your course to assist with some of your cost recovery.
The course is in two parts. All participants are registered before the course date, and will receive an electronic copy of the first workbook prior to the Study day course attendance, this needs to be read before attending the actual study day.
A further workbook with the ready reckoner and case study tools will be provided on the day.
Please ensure that 14 days notice is given for Braille copies or if alternatives to electronic copies are required.
- £1000 + VAT for in house courses £100 +VAT per person on external courses
- In house courses are limited to 20 places per course.
- Cost includes participants’ pre-course workbooks, course assessment tools, and certificates
- DUE TO CONTINUING COVID 19 RRESTRICTIONS THERE WILL BE NO COURSES RUN IN 2020
To book this course:
- Call: 0115 9732540 or 07970 369827
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org