A one-day course for carers and professionals supporting people who have dementia, the course will cover types of Dementia presenting symptoms and strategies for support.
Participants will receive instruction in strategies to support communication, daily living skills, wandering, managing difficult behaviour such as aggression and managing risk.
At the end of the day course participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different causes of dementia.
- Identify and assess the signs of Visual Impairment when formal communication is lost or difficult
- Understand the legal frameworks that support working with people who have dementia including the Mental Health Act, and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS).
- In-house course for 20 people £800 + VAT
- Costs include handouts, certificates and travel to your venue.
To book this course: